|Father’s Name||Late Rana Raghuvir Singh|
|Date of Birth||16-10-1957|
|Place of Birth||Village Jhandian, District Ropar (Punjab)|
|Spouse’s Name||Shashi Kanta Rana|
|Children||Two Daughters and One Son|
|Educational Qualification||B.A, LL.B.|
|Permanent Address||H. No. 371, Giani Zail Singh Nagar,Ropar, Punjab|
|Official Residence||Kothi No. 10, Sector-2, Chandigarh-160001|
|Profession||Advocate, Farming and Horticulture|
|Debut in Politics||In 1975 being a Member of Youth Congres|
|Hobbies||Farming and Reading|
|Contact||Tel. (0091-172) – 2740372, 2740739 FAX 0091-172-2740473
E-Mail: speakerpla[at]gmail.com, Speaker[at]speakerpunjab.gov.in
|Official Address||Legislative Assembly of Punjab, Sector-1 Chandigarh, India 160 001|
1. President, District Youth Congress, Ropar(1986)
2. General Secretary, Punjab Youth Congress
3. Secretary, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee
4. Vice President, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee
5. Spokesman, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee
6. Served as Member of All India Congress Committee
1. Elected to the Punjab Legislative Assembly from Nangal Constituency in 2002 and 2007 continuously. Elected to Punjab Legislative Assembly from Sri Anandpur Sahib constituency for third time in 2017 by margin of 23881 votes
1. Sarpanch of village
2. Chairman, Sri Anandpur Sahib Land Development Bank
3. President, District Bar Association , Ropar-Twice
4. President , District Youth Congress Ropar (1986)
5. Served as Chairman of Punjab Pollution Control Board and thereafter as Parliamentary Secretary of Punjab Government during congress regime.
6. Served as a Senator of Panjab University, Chandigarh
7. Served as Member of Public Accounts Committee of 12th Punjab Legislative Assembly during the years 2002-03 and 2004-05.
8. Served as Chairman of Committee on Questions and References and Member of Committee on Estimates of 12th Punjab Legislative Assembly during the year 2003-04.
9. Served as Member of Committee on Subordinate Legislation and Committee on Petitions of Punjab Legislative Assembly during the year 2004-05.
10. Served as a Member of Committee on Public Undertakings, Public Accounts Committee, Committee on Government Assurances,Committee on Papers Laid/To be Laid on the Table of the House, Committee on Estimates and House Committee during the year 2007-2012.
1. Elected as Speaker of Punjab Legislative Assembly on 27.03.2017 unanimously and till now serving as such